Recipe by * Pamela *
Try this with other berries too!
Top Review by reneeedmundson
Good recipe, I also added a little twist fourth of July. I made pina colada mix and set it and made the strawberry daiquiri. I slowly added the daiquiri mix to the pina cockade mixture to create a swirl and toped off with a splash of blue carousel to give it a red, white and blue color. Thanks for sharing
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 8 cups fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup light rum, coconut rum is a special treat
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine water and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and cool syrup completely.
- Place strawberries in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover; process or blend till nearly smooth.
- In a bowl stir together pureed strawberries, rum, lime peel, lime juice, and orange liqueur. Stir in the cooled syrup.
- Freeze in a 4-quart ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer’s directions.