Recipe by LAURIE
Cool and refreshing summer slush. Great use for those fresh strawberries as they make a nice addition to leave them quartered in the drink mix. For those of you that don't like to chew a drink, make sure to chop the berries smaller. Yield depends on the glasses used to serve and prep time is freezing time.
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
This drink is so good it's become a favorite! I've made the recipe multiple times. My method has been to mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the ginger ale. Then I keep the mixture frozen and ready to go in a large Ziploc bag, where it never freezes super hard thanks to the rum. Easy to serve, just break off and place some of the frozen mix into a glass. Pour in Club Soda (my sub of choice) and with the side of your spoon chop up the frozen slush right there in the glass until it's a nice thick but drinkable consistency. Cheers!
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄4 ounce unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rum (or more)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 (20 ounce) bottles ginger ale (or 7 up or sprite-20 oz or 1 liter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix jello and Kool-aid with the hot water to dissolve.
- Add to all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Freeze 1 hour.
- Stir well.
- Return to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours before serving, stirring every hour or so to slush it up.
- Serve cold in tall glasses.