Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Cool and refreshing summer slush. Great use for those fresh strawberries as they make a nice addition to leave them quartered in the drink mix. For those of you that don't like to chew a drink, make sure to chop the berries smaller. Yield depends on the glasses used to serve and prep time is freezing time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1⁄4 ounce unsweetened strawberry Kool-Aid
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup rum (or more)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 2 (20 ounce) bottles ginger ale (or 7 up or sprite-20 oz or 1 liter)
- Mix jello and Kool-aid with the hot water to dissolve.
- Add to all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Freeze 1 hour.
- Stir well.
- Return to freezer and leave for 4-6 hours before serving, stirring every hour or so to slush it up.
- Serve cold in tall glasses.
This drink is so good it's become a favorite! I've made the recipe multiple times. My method has been to mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the ginger ale. Then I keep the mixture frozen and ready to go in a large Ziploc bag, where it never freezes super hard thanks to the rum. Easy to serve, just break off and place some of the frozen mix into a glass. Pour in Club Soda (my sub of choice) and with the side of your spoon chop up the frozen slush right there in the glass until it's a nice thick but drinkable consistency. Cheers!