Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick and tasty to make. A word of warning - be very carful not to add any extra alcohol - the alcohol won't freeze, so using too much will prevent the sherbet from setting. This calls for an ice cream maker; the time does not include freezing.
- 7 cups strawberries, without syrup (fresh or frozen)
- 10 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup white rum
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Puree the berries until smooth- you should have about 4 cups of puree.
- Mix the unstrained puree with the other ingredients.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker.
Oh YUMMM! I made this as one of my 3 choices for the 1st "Pick Your Chef" game. This is so good...a daiquiri in a bowl!! I used frozen berries, and I increased the sugar just a bit since the berries were quite tart. Don't have an ice cream freezer, but I got great results just freezing this in a bowl, then let it sit out a few minutes before serving. I know this'll be a real popular item around here this summer. Thanks Chris!