Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the book 175 Best James, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads, by Linda J. Amendt.
Make and share this Strawberry Daiquiri Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare canning and jar lids and bring water in the canning bath to a boil.
- In an 8-quart stainless steel pot, combine strawberries, pineapple, lime juice and rum. Gradually stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium hear, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and thread with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least an inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil, process 4-oz jars and 8-oz jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and place on a cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.