From the book 175 Best James, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads, by Linda J. Amendt.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare canning and jar lids and bring water in the canning bath to a boil.
- 2In an 8-quart stainless steel pot, combine strawberries, pineapple, lime juice and rum. Gradually stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium hear, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
- 4Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and thread with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 6Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least an inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil, process 4-oz jars and 8-oz jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove jars from canner and place on a cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Daiquiri Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2072 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1037.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 253.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 248.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g