1/2 Photos of Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes (Semi-Homemade)
This is my take on a super easy semi-homemade recipe from Dierberg's Everybody Cooks June 2008 issue. Perfect for a summery luncheon, a bridal shower, a baby (girl) shower, or a get-together with the girls!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container strawberry Cool Whip (or your favorite frosting)
- 6 fresh strawberries, with caps quartered (optional)
- lime zest, for garnishment (optional)
- 1In a 2 cup glass measuring cup, combine lime peel and juice with rum; add water to bring liquid up to 1 1/4 cups.
- 2Beat cake mix, lime/rum/water mixture, apple sauce and eggs in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- 4Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven 15-17 minutes (until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- 6Remove cupcakes from pans immediately, place on wire racks and cool completely.
- 7Pipe/spread cool whip or frosting on top of cupcakes.
- 8Garnish each with a quarter of a strawberry and a little grated lime peel.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes (Semi-Homemade)
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.8
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry cake mix
strawberry Cool Whip