Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy but So Good....
- 8 ounces bags frozen strawberries
- 1 envelope koolaid unsweetened strawberry drink mix (or any of choice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Fill blender with frozen strawberries.
- Add Koolaid pouch.
- Add sugar.
- Add Triple Sec.
- Add Rum.
- Add Water.
- Then fill blender with ice cubes, but not too full that it might spill over.
- Then blend until slushy and serve.
I really wanted to like this, but the artificial flavor of the koolaid totally overwhelmed the real strawberry flavor, and was just too sweet and unnatural tasting. Overall, this recipe might be better leaving out the koolaid, reducing the amount of sugar, and just letting the flavor of the strawberries shine.