Recipe by Akikobay
I've seen this recipe in several places this week and had to try it. Works great. The finished product is best served sliced in half so that everyone can see the beautiful strawberries on the inside!
- 50 g shiratama rice powder (dango powder)
- 50 g sugar
- 90 ml water
- 1⁄2 cup katakuriko (Japanese potato starch for dusting the daifuku skins)
- 100 g koshi-an
- 10 fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide koshian into 10 pieces and roll them up into balls.
- Flatten koshian balls and wrap each strawberry in one of the flattened an pieces.
- In a bowl, stir the shiratama powder and sugar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in the water until well blended.
- Cover the bowl completely and cook for 3 minutes in the microwave oven.
- While the microwave is going, prepare a cookie sheet by spreading out the 1/2 cup of katakuriko.
- Now, get the daifuku out of the microwave and mix it vigorously until the dough becomes transparent Scrape the dough out onto the prepared cookie sheet and divide the dough into 10 pieces.
- Flatten each daifuku dough piece into a circle and wrap around the prepared koshian-strawberry ball.
- Gently pinch the edges to seal.