Recipe by SusieQusie
I clipped this recipe from the Chicago Tribune many years ago. I made it often but had forgotten about it until I was searching for things to make for a holiday party.
Top Review by twissis
Heaven rightfully belongs somewhere in your title for this dessert, SQ, because I died & went there w/my 1st bite. Certain body parts are conflicted as I type … My mouth reveres you, but my hips curse you! You know me well enough to know my hips always win these contests! I made them exactly as written, but did use vanilla flavoured yoghurt & made my own sour cream for them as we discussed. I do feel a bit threatened now tho … Siggi will prob want to divorce me, murder Jerry & marry you now more than ever! I count myself lucky there are laws to protect Jerry & me. These are 10 star winners in my book & will grace our table & delight our friends often. Thx for this one SQ. Yum!
- 1 (17 ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough (17 ounces)
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cookie dough into as directed on the package.
- Place 24 slices in a 13 X 9 inch baking pan & press together to cover the bottom of the pan completely.
- Mix preserves with flour and spread thinly over the dough.
- In a medium bowl, slightly beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and continue beating just until smooth.
- Pour custard mixture over the preserve layer.
- Optional: If you have cookie slices left, roll into thin strips and place them lattice-like on custard.
- Bake in a preheated 350º on lowest rack for 50 minutes or until custard has set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack then chill.
- Cut into squares before serving.