Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home / Caroline Park. Needs to cool; cooling time not included in prep/cooking times.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 3 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 (3 ounce) packages vanilla pudding mix
- 6 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 3 lbs strawberries, halved
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in the gelatin and lemon juice until the gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Prepare pudding mixes according to directions. Pour into pastry shells; top with strawberries and carefully spoon gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.