1/1 Photo of Strawberry Custard Cream Pie
This pie starts with a delicious custard placed in a baked pie shell, then a layer of halved fresh strawberries is added and then topped with luscious freshly whipped cream. Custard can be made ahead and pie assembled just before serving. Awesome!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan, gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thick.
- 2Add a small amount of the hot mixture to the beaten eggs and whisk in quickly.
- 3Return egg mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- 4Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla extract.
- 5Cover and chill.
- 6Whip cream, add sugar and beat until thickened.
- 7Pour chilled custard mixture into bottom of pie shell and arrange strawberry halves over the top.
- 8Just before serving, spread whipped cream over top of strawberries.
- 9Garnish with more berries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Custard Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.2
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.8 mg
- Sodium 490.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 8.4 g