Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love strawberry cake, but I have gotten too spoiled to buy the box kind. I searched online for a from-scratch version, and here it is! They come out less sweet and a bit more muffin-like than the cake mix would.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, yogurt, and vanila, blending until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until just incorportated, then beat in strawberries.
- Drop batter into liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- I like these best with a chocolte frosting (like a chocolate-covered strawberry!) but they are (almost) as good unfrosted.
I am giving this recipe a try because i bought a bunch of strawberries for my son who is 2 years old and did not like them straight,, I cannot eat strawberries however because i am allergic but i figured i didnt want to waste them..the only addition i made was added semi-sweet chocolate chips.. I am hoping he likes them,.. they are in the oven as i type this.. what a great way to make home made cupcakes.. i cant wait for him to try it,, I will also bring a batch to my mother in law later on today..
I am giving 5 stars because the easiness of the recipe and it appears to be puffing up great in the oven... i am almost tempted to eat them because the smell of them baking in my kitchen it a wonderful aroma.. man i wish i was not allergic lol
for some reason the cupcakes when baked seem very "wet" on the inside..i have placed back in the oven for an additional 10 mins to see if this helps