I love strawberry cake, but I have gotten too spoiled to buy the box kind. I searched online for a from-scratch version, and here it is! They come out less sweet and a bit more muffin-like than the cake mix would.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; line 12-count muffin tin with paper liners.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, yogurt, and vanila, blending until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until just incorportated, then beat in strawberries.
- Drop batter into liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- I like these best with a chocolte frosting (like a chocolate-covered strawberry!) but they are (almost) as good unfrosted.