- 4 cups hulled strawberries, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 2 medium cucumbers (yielding about 2 cups when sliced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cucumbers; halve lengthwise, and slice thin.
- Combine strawberries, basil, vinegar, and sugar. Toss to coat and chill for 1 hour.
- Combine cucumbers and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- After chilling, add cucumber mixture, salt, and pepper to strawberry mixture. Gently toss to combine, and serve immediately.