Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this at the Fountain Restaurant and loved it so tried to recreate it at home with good results. The Strawberry Crush is fresh strawberry crushed in a bottle with a little sugar added that we get ready-made as strawberries are not in season throughout the year. It has no fizz and is just a ready fruit drink (like a squash) that you just add milk or water too.You can actually get tiny pieces of strawberry at the bottom of the glass. Nummy!!! ;)
- 4 -5 tablespoons ready natural strawberry crush (or more to taste, Crush is like squash but it is called Crush here as it not smooth and you actually)
- 5 -6 ice cubes (or more)
- 5 -6 drops lemon juice
- 2 -3 mint leaves
- 1 slice sour lime
- enough cold water
- Place some salt in a plate.
- Take a tall glass.
- Invert it over the salt and rotate so that the rim gets coated with the salt.
- Now add ice cubes to the glass.
- Add the strawberry crush and the lime juice and a pinch of salt (optional).
- Top with water.
- Add the mint leaves (washed) and the lemon slice to the glass.
- Serve chilled.
Tasty! I made a few servings of this and we all enjoyed it. I pureed hand full of frozen strawberries per serving and then kept to the recipe. This was refreshing and very health, Little Miss (DD) really loved the colour. Thank you Girl from India.
This was a nice refreshing drink. I followed Ritas advice and used 4 whole strawberries. I added just a pinch of sugar. I will be making this again. Thanks Fay!
For the strawberry crush I used 4 fresh whole starberries that I blended along with the cubes, mint leaves,lemon juice and a splash of water. Garnish the glass with salt and mint leaves. I felt like I was drinking a Strawberry Margarita.