Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sons favourite Christmas Dessert
- 2 packages ripe strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 4 -6 ready made meringues
- Wash strawberries and set aside 6 for decoration.
- Hull remaining strawberries and put in large bowl.
- Add the cointreau and crush strawberries lightly with fork.
- Whip the cream until thick.
- Fold into strawberry mixture.
- Lightly crush meringue with your hands (leaving a little for decoration) and add to strawberry mixture.
- Gently fold in with a rubber spatula until evenly mixed.
- To Serve-----------------.
- Pile into 6 fancy wine glasses and place remaining meringue over top.
- Place fanned out strawberry on each dessert.