Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from "The Church Supper Cookbook"
Make and share this Strawberry Crumb Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch and let stand while you make the pastry.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until uniform but coarse. Set aside about 2/3 cup of this mixture. Sprinkle water over remainder, toss with fork, and press into ball.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry 1 1/2 inch larger than an inverted 9 inch pie plate. Fit into plate and trim 1/2 inch beyond plate edge. Fold under to make double thickness around the edge, and flute so that edge is high.
- Fill pastry shell with strawberry mixture. Blend reserved flour mixture with brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle crumbs over strawberries.
- Bake at 200 C on sheet of aluminum foil for 45 minutes, or until crust is nicely browned.
- Serve warm or cool, with cream if desired.