1/1 Photo of Strawberry Crumb Bars
Received this recipe in a Food Now email; posting since strawberry season is coming up soon...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease a 13×9 inch pan; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the sugar, the baking powder and flour. Mix in the salt and the lemon zest, and stir together with a fork Cut in the butter and egg with a pastry blender (or two knives if you don’t have one) until the largest chunks are about pea-sized. The mixture should be crumbly without much loose flour.
- 3Spread about half of the dough mixture in an even layer over the bottom of the prepared pan and press down firmly to form the bottom crust.
- 4In another bowl, stir together the remaining sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the strawberries with a rubber spatula until combined. Spread the berry mixture evenly over the bottom crust Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the berries.
- 5Bake for about 45 minutes or until the top is slightly golden brown.
- 6Cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Crumb Bars
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 88.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g