Recipe by Nonnie4Two
A new twist on the Puppy Chow recipe.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Loved this! I bet this would be great with some dried strawberry pieces mixed in, too. Other flavors of Jello in the coating would probably be good, too, like lemon or lime. My white chocolate/butter mixture was more of a paste than a liquid, so I had some trouble coating everything evenly without breaking up the delicate cereal, but the broken pieces tasted just as good as the whole ones. Because the broken stuff wasn't holding as much coating as the whole squares, I just sieved the mix from the bottom of the bowl to remove the excess sugar mixture. Even DH enjoyed this, which is surprising because he's not a sweets eater, and this is pretty sweet. Very nice snack, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 09
- 9 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside.
- Microwave chips and margarine in 1-quart microwavable bowl uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
- Mix powdered sugar and gelatin in large plastic food-storage bag; add cereal mixture.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container.