Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Submitted for the strawberry swap.
- 236.59 ml uncooked oatmeal
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- Mix together oatmeal, flour and brown sugar. Add nuts. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
- In another bowl, mix strawberries and white sugar together.
- Grease an 8" square pan. Spread half the crumb mixture on bottom. Cover with strawberries. Spread remaining crumb mixture over top.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
This was a big hit with my family, I've made it a few times since! The crumbs on the bottom form a "crust" and is what makes this a hit. It's very easy to throw together (stemming/cutting strawberries takes the longest) and only took about 35 minutes for mine to bake and be golden brown. I substituted the butter for coconut oil and doubled the crumb mixture, which pretty much made it strawberry crisp perfection!! My boys love this warm out of the oven and with ice cream. Can't wait to try this with apples!!
I made this with some strawberries that needed to be used so the didnt go bed- it was delicious! The only change I made was I used pecans instead of walnuts and only cooked it for 35 minutes- as the top was golden brown and if it cooked any longer it would have burnt. I served it with dollops of whip cream. I will definitely make this again!