Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Submitted for the strawberry swap.
Top Review by lori carolina
This was a big hit with my family, I've made it a few times since! The crumbs on the bottom form a "crust" and is what makes this a hit. It's very easy to throw together (stemming/cutting strawberries takes the longest) and only took about 35 minutes for mine to bake and be golden brown. I substituted the butter for coconut oil and doubled the crumb mixture, which pretty much made it strawberry crisp perfection!! My boys love this warm out of the oven and with ice cream. Can't wait to try this with apples!!
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Mix together oatmeal, flour and brown sugar. Add nuts. Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
- In another bowl, mix strawberries and white sugar together.
- Grease an 8" square pan. Spread half the crumb mixture on bottom. Cover with strawberries. Spread remaining crumb mixture over top.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.