This cake is so moist and delicious --- I strongly suggest fresh strawberries for this cake
Make and share this Strawberry Creamy-Dreamy Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened and divided
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 (8 ounce) containercool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- sliced fresh strawberries (to garnish)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake the cake according to the package directions, except substitute the 1-1/2 cups of pureed strawberries for the water, and add 1 extra egg (if the cake mix calls for 2 eggs, add 3 eggs) and mix in the 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (set aside the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese for topping) beat until well combined.
- Pour/divide into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (a toothpick inserted in the middle will NOT come out clean as this cake is SO moist).
- Let cool fully before frosting.
- For the frosting; heat the whipping cream until JUST beginning to boil.
- Pour it over the white baking chocolate (chopped), and add the remaining 4 ounces of cream cheese; mix well, and let cool completely.
- Once cool gently fold into the Cool Whip thawed topping.
- Frost the cake, and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.
Great recipe and delicious! I didn't have 2 9" cake pans available so I used a bundt pan instead and baked it for 40 minutes at 350. Still came out perfectly moist and delicious. I made the frosting as directed, but it turned out to be about double what I needed in my case.
I made this for my daughters 2nd b-day and It turned out great...I had many comments on how great the cake was and no one had ANY idea that it was a box cake! It was very moist and a bit rich. I used the strawberry mix and used a buttercream frosting...yum! Thank you!
The name says it all. This cake is delicious. The frosting is really the topper, no pun intended :) It's got a wonderful texture and thickness that although it covers nicely, is not so thick that you have to dig through it to to get to the cake like with so many other types of frostings. This is a wonderful recipe, it's simple and easy, but looks like you spent hours making it. Thanks for the wonderful creation!