Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This torte is easy to make and so beautiful! Arrange the strawberries in a circle in the middle of the torte and gently press. Elegant and Decadent.... This wonderful recipe was found on a beautiful website: www.finedinings.com
- 118.29 ml pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts, toasted
- 354.88 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml cold butter
- 226.79 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 709.77 ml fresh strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees F.
- Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until chopped fine; add flour and sugar; When well blended, add the cold butter, two tablespoons at a time; Remove from processor and spread in a spring form pan, pushing the mixture one inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until golden; Remove from oven and cool.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until fluffy and well blended.
- While the motor is still running, add small amounts of the whipping cream in a steady small stream into the cheese mixture, NOT TOO FAST, or the mixture will be too runny.
- When well blended, spread the cream mixture evenly into the baked, cooled crust (At this point, it can be covered and chilled up to 24 hours.).
- When ready to serve, place halved strawberries on top of the chilled cream mixture, remove the spring form pan rim, slice and serve.
My mom was coming to visit and I wanted my DW to make something special, so this is what she chose. It was loved by all three of us, and I can't wait to have it again! Thanks! Tony
What a beautiful presentation...and it tasted devine. I used walnuts in the crust....didn't toast them and didn't even notice the instruction to toast them until this review...oh well, next time I will. I also added blueberries with the strawberries and it looked and tasted wonderful. I think my favorite part is that this dessert is not too sweet because I am not a big sweet eater and make desserts mainly for my family to enjoy. This is one I enjoyed immensely! Thank you NcMystery, for posting!
Made this with raw almonds and in little individual tortes... I mean I couldn't stop eating the crust dough as I was pressing it into the pan or TRYING to keep "accidentally" getting the filling on my fingers! SO delicious and everyone just loved it! Thank you!