Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A cool simple jello dessert. My Aunt Barb passed this recipe on to me when I was little. It contains my favorite combination: strawberries and sour cream. Cooking time is chill time.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (I use wild strawberry)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries (best if thawed slightly)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- In large bowl dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add frozen berries and stir until thawed.
- Stir in remaining fruit.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture in 9x13 pan and chill.
- When firm, spread sour cream on first layer and then pour remaining jello-fruit mix on top and chill until firm.
- Note: To save time you could just put the sour cream on top.
Quite yummy, especially with extra sour cream on top!