Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
To freeze pack, freeze up to 10 months. To serve, unwrap and thaw at room temp 2-3 hours. Cut into 2 layers. Place bottom half on a serving dish and spread with the cream. Cover with strawberries. Put top layer on, sift with icing sugar. Serve the same day.
- 3 medium eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 75 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 150 ml double cream, whipped
- 225 g strawberries, sliced
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven 190c.
- Grease a deep 20cm cake tin, line with paper on base.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and holds its shape when tipped.
- Fold in the flour.
- Turn out into the tin and level.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until cake springs back when lightly pressed in the centre.
- Turn out on to wire rack, peel off lining cool.
- Freeze without filling (see above).