Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got the idea of this recipe from Paula Deen, but I just changed it around a little bit. Now I've been making this for a couple of years, and it turns out great each time. So yummy!
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 709.77 ml milk
- 340.19 g container whipped topping
- 2 (198.44 g) box French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 283.49 g box frozen strawberries, thawed
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, margarine, and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mixes with the milk (mix for two minutes), then add the cream cheese mixture.
- Once this is mixed together, then fold in the whipped topping.
- Cut the pound cake into approximately 20 slices.
- Arrange a layer of pound cake in a 9" x 13" x 2" dish. Cover with cream cheese mixture.Spread all of the strawberries over this and cover with cream cheese mixture.
- Add another layer of pound cake, and then finish with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Keep refrigerated!
This was really good! I make my own pound cake in a 13x9 pan. I used reduced fat cream cheese, whipped topping and skim milk to cut some of the fat/calories. I seemed to have an excess of frosting, but that was great on its own. I will definatley make this again. Reviewed for PAC 2009.
On a diet, but I had to break the restraints holding me back from this one. I used the delicious remains of Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake and replaced the strawberries with blackberries. Shhhhhhh, I'm typing this in dark corner of my closet...family musn't know.
Wonderful dessert, I made mine with 6 - 1oz boxes of SF pudding, 5 Vanilla and 1 banana, I also used SF cool whip to keep calorie count a bit lower(means I can have a bigger piece hehe)..my husband took one bite and said..do you remember the Banana Split pies they used to sell (celophone wrap..cream center spongecakes) and I said yes! He said, this reminds me of those just a bit. I said I couldn't believe he picked up on the 1 box of banana pudding I had to use as fill to complete the ounces..lol..Thanks much for sharing..It will be made this summer for family get together!!