Recipe by Marie
Cream puffs filled with a strawberry whipped cream filling - absolutely awesome!
Top Review by Margo59
I was really pressed for time and did not make the filling, but the puffs are heavenly. After preparing the puffs, I mixed a small box of instant vanilla pudding with 8 oz lite cool whip. When ready to serve, I sliced the puff in half, scooped some of the pudding mix into the puff and topped with fresh chopped strawberries. Tasts like a dessert you spent a lot of time on. Everyone loved the recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) packagethawed and drained frozen strawberries, in syrup (save 2 tablespoons of syrup)
- 2 tablespoons reserved drained strawberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat water, butter and salt over medium high heat until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low and add flour all at once, stirring until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs to flour mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition, then cool for 10 minutes.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased baking sheet, making 12 puffs.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- To prepare filling, beat heavy cream at medium speed just until thickened.
- At low speed, add confectioner's sugar, 2 tablespoons of reserved strawberry syrup and vanilla and beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold in drained strawberries.
- Cut tops off puffs and remove any soft dough from inside.
- Fill with strawberry filling and replace top.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.