Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 35 mins
These little treats were created for RSC #11. I hope you will enjoy these light tasting appetizers, as much as we did.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces goat cheese, fig, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey, liquid
- 1⁄2 tablespoon key lime zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry, fresh, small, thinly sliced
- 8 slices white bread, soft, crusts remove
- 8 pieces plastic wrap
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and goat cheese together, blending well, next add the milk, honey and key lime rind.
- Once the cheese mixture is creamy add the coarsely chopped pecans and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the strawberries and set a side until needed.
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- With a rolling pin flatten the bread slices, horizontally and vertically.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on the prepared bread slices.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on table and place the bread on top of the plastic wrap.
- In the middle of the bread place two rows of of the thinly sliced strawberries.
- Gently roll the bread into a log, cover the log with the plastic wrap, do this for each slice.
- Chill the covered, cream cheese logs in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight, for the flavors to blend.
- Remove the logs from fridge, take off the plastic and gently slice the logs with a bread knife.
- You should get four slices from each bread log.
- Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Just loved these, as a light lunch for myself, but I would be proud to serve them for any shower or luncheon I was hosting. The little tang from the goat cheese, with the strawberry sweet and crunchy nuts! Yum! Texture! Flavor! Thanks so much for sharing a winner, Baby Kato!
Made these for the local National Night Out, which was postponed - now we'll have to eat them all ourselves, darn it! Yummy and so easy.
Well I didn't make these but my DS's GF did for a small get together and according to her these were thoroughly enjoyed by everyone, so I am posted her 5 stars, thank BK!