Recipe by NancyAnne
I have been making this for so long that I can't remember where I got it. I think it might be in an advertisement for something, but for the life of me I cannot remember for what, nor find the recipe online. At any rate, it's a delicious, light and refreshing pie that has been one of our family favorites for over a quarter of a century!
- 1 pint strawberry
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind or 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Hull the strawberries, setting 1-3 especially pretty un-hulled ones aside for garnish.
- Combine the pie filling mix, sour cream, milk, rind, and 2 Cups of the whipped topping in a large bowl. Beat with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Spoon the filling mix into the pie shell and arrange the strawberries, tops down, in the pie filling, gently pressing down until they just touch the pie crust. If your berries are extremely large you can cut them into narrower pieces to make them fit.
- If you want your pie to set quickly, freeze for 1 hour then before serving top with the remaining whipped topping and garnish with the reserved berries. If it will be a few hours before serving, spread the whipped topping over the pie and garnish with the reserved strawberries, then chill at least 3 hours.