Recipe by Aroostook
A different type of pie. beriies on top and cream on the bottom. This is made ahead and chilled (Also you may use premade patty shells instead and have individual servings)
- 1 baked pie shells or 6 pastry crust
- 1 quart strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1/3 c. water
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream, stiffly whipped and flavored with vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean berries.
- Cut berries in half except for one cup.
- Mash the remaining one cup of berries.
- Combine mashed berries w/ sugar and water.
- Cook ten minutes stirring constantly.
- Rub warm berry mixture through a small sieve.
- Return to pan and add cornstarch slurry.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cool slightly and add remaining halved berries.
- Cool completely.
- Pour whipped cream into baked pie shell.
- Pour berries/syrup over cream.
- Chill well and serve.