Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a quick and easy pie to make, for your convenience you can use fresh or frozen strawberries and already made oreo crumb crusts. what could be easier...topped with a nice drizzle of your favourite chocolate sauce....yummy!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
We used a pre-made Oreo crust and a mixture of fresh and frozen berries. Really delicious frozen dessert! Be sure to serve and eat frozen; then again, the recipe made more than would fit in the shell and the extra disappeared long before we served the pie. Made for Gimme5, March 09.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (*may substitute premade chocolate crumb crust)
- 1 pint strawberry, fresh (or frozen)
- 6 tablespoons sugar, white
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 8 strawberries, sliced (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 8" pie plate and put in freezer.
- Wash, hull and puree pint of strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar and reserve.
- Beat egg whites with remaining 4 tbsps of sugar until stiff. Refrigerate.
- Whip the cream with vanilla extract until smooth and creamy, removing 1/2 cup for garnish.
- Fold the strawberry puree and egg whites into the whipping cream.
- Pour into prepared crust and freeze until hard.
- Just before serving decorate top of frozen pie with the reserved whipped cream and sliced strawberries, then drizzle with chocolate sauce and enjoy.