Recipe by hotrod
Low sugar, low fat, quick, easy and everybody in my house loved it. That makes it a winner in my book!
Top Review by eightball1751
Very simple and tasty guilt-free dessert. I used neufchatel cheese for lower fat. I used 1/8 c Splenda mixed with 1/8 c confectioners sugar instead of equal. I might add 1-2 T milk to the cream cheese next time so it isn't so still. It was hard to spread over the crumb crust without ruining the crust. I used frozen strawberries. It chilled quickly and was very tastey. I ate about 1/3 of the whole pie just "testing" it!
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 packages Equal sugar substitute
- 1 graham cracker crust
- fresh strawberries
- 1 package wild strawberry sugar-free gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sweetener till fluffy and smooth.
- Spread this in the pie crust.
- Bring the water and cornstarch to boil till thick (about 1 minute).
- Add the gelatin and stir till dissolved.
- Let it cool a few minutes while you slice a layer of strawberries over the cream cheese mixture, pour the gelatin mixture over the berries and then garnish with more strawberries.
- Let cool in fridge and serve with whipped cream.
- This is a recipe that the dieters as well as non-dieters in our house really enjoyed!