This is a wonderful dessert fit for a queen! It is amazingly easy to prepare and heavenly to eat. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (a pretty touch) (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- 1Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of the cake and set aside for now.
- 2Using a sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick.
- 3Remove cake from center, leaving 1 inch base on bottom of cake; reserve the pieces of cake.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add condense milk.
- 5Beat mixture until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and coloring, mixing well.
- 6Fold in the whipped cream.
- 7Reserve two-thirds of the mixture and refrigerate for now.
- 8Blend in berries and torn cake pieces (except top) into remaining one-third of mixture.
- 9Fill cake tunnel and replace the top of cake.
- 10Frost with whipped cream mixture and garnish with strawberries, if you like.
- 11Chill cake for 3 hours, or until set.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry & Cream Dream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4299.1
- Calories from Fat 1657
- Total Fat 184.1 g
- Saturated Fat 114.2 g
- Cholesterol 648.1 mg
- Sodium 4134.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 595.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 407.5 g
- Protein 86.7 g