Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful dessert fit for a queen! It is amazingly easy to prepare and heavenly to eat. Enjoy!
- 1 (10 inch) angel food cake
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (a pretty touch) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- Cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of the cake and set aside for now.
- Using a sharp knife, cut around cake 1 inch from center hole and 1 inch from outer edge, leaving cake walls 1 inch thick.
- Remove cake from center, leaving 1 inch base on bottom of cake; reserve the pieces of cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add condense milk.
- Beat mixture until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and coloring, mixing well.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Reserve two-thirds of the mixture and refrigerate for now.
- Blend in berries and torn cake pieces (except top) into remaining one-third of mixture.
- Fill cake tunnel and replace the top of cake.
- Frost with whipped cream mixture and garnish with strawberries, if you like.
- Chill cake for 3 hours, or until set.
Outstanding! I made this cake for a birthday at work and it was devoured in just a few short minutes. It's easy and perfect for any occasion. The perfect blend of cheesecake and strawberry shortcake.
A very nice, different cake - light and fruity - perfect after a heavy meal! Very easy to make and enjoyable to eat.