Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Although they take a little time to prepare, they're well worth the effort.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter and extract. Combine flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet. Stir batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in extract and food coloring if desired. Cool. Add strawberries.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons of filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Top with strawberry topping.
I love this recipe. I am so glad looneytunesfan posted it. I lost it years ago and haven't been able to find it. This recipe is wonderful. They taste like a gourmet dessert. It does take some time, but absolutely worth it!!!