Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a most elegant dessert. I've had this recipe for years. Just pulled it out to make for a coffee group. Everyone always loves it, Hope you will too!
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.19 ml cleaned fresh strawberries
Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 473.19 ml whipping cream
- Heat milk to boiling in small saucepan. Add butter. Set aside.
- In large bowl blend sugar, vanilla and eggs. Beat at high speed for 3 minutes until thick and lemon colored.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat 1 minute at low speed. Add milk-butter mixture. Beat 1 more minute at low speed.
- Pour into well-buttered and floured 10-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 65 minutes. or until a tester in center come out clean. Cool thoroughly. Remove from pan.
- Whip room temperature cream cheese until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and whipping cream until mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Split cooled cake into 3 layers. Fill between layers with about 3/4 cup filing.
- placing sliced strawberries on top of filling before stacking cake.
- Frost stacked cake with Cream Cheese filling. Press about 1 cup through pastry bag to decorate top. Garnish with more berries. Chill until ready to serve.
- Tips: Cake can be made several hours before serving or the day before, but should be covered and refrigerated so it will not absorb odors from other foods.
Absolutely LOVE this recipe. I had it years ago and it took me a long time to find it again.