Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fresh strawberries, creamy sweet center, and shortbread crust make this dessert a winner with everyone!
- 1⁄2 lb butter (no substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
Cream Cheese filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place butter in mixer and beat with paddle until soft and light.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat 5-10 minutes until the mixture is very light and whitened.
- Mix flour in gradually until completely mixed. Don’t over beat.
- Gather dough and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough, place a large spring form pan upside down in the middle of the dough and cut roughly ½ inch out from pan.
- Place cookie dough inside pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cream Cheese Filling: With wire whisk attachment beat soften cream cheese at highest speed until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat for about 5 more minutes.
- Spread filling on crust, the crust does not have to be completely cooled.
- I start the filling when I pull the crust out of the oven.
- Now cover the top with sliced strawberries.
- Do not add sugar to the strawberries because it makes it to watery.
- Chill and serve!
tastes awesome! i folded strawberries into the mixture and also topped it with sliced strawberries. almost tastes like cheesecake! i also put it in a graham cracker pie crust, tasted yummy.
Great recipe. I put the strawberries in a strawberry glaze, then on top along with shaved hazelnuts.
These tart frosting was soo good. The crust was not very sweet- my boyfriend loved it but I perfer a more cookie crust that is a little chewy.