Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a buttery cake topped with cream cheese-strawberry swirl, the cake can be baked in a 10-inch springform pan also, and is prepared totally on a food processor, the sour cream may be replaced with buttermilk.
Top Review by ddgirl4157
This cake was so easy to make. I used a 10 inch springform pan. I had to bake it for 15 more minutes at 325 to set the middle portion of the cake. It turned out wonderful, a bit crusty at the top and moist in the middle.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To make the cheesecake topping: in a food processor, blend all ingredients for 1 minute until smooth; remove to a bowl.
- In the processor without cleaning the bowl, add in 1/2 cup butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar; blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add in vanilla, lemon extract, eggs, sour cream and blend well (about 30 seconds).
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda; blend to make a smooth batter (about 30 seconds).
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spoon on cream cheese mixture topping (don't worry if there are open spaces).
- Drop jam dollups by teaspoonfuls over cake and cream cheese areas.
- Swirl the jam and the cream cheese topping to make a gentle marble effect.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is set and the topping seems dry.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.