Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a buttery cake topped with cream cheese-strawberry swirl, the cake can be baked in a 10-inch springform pan also, and is prepared totally on a food processor, the sour cream may be replaced with buttermilk.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To make the cheesecake topping: in a food processor, blend all ingredients for 1 minute until smooth; remove to a bowl.
- In the processor without cleaning the bowl, add in 1/2 cup butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar; blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add in vanilla, lemon extract, eggs, sour cream and blend well (about 30 seconds).
- Add in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda; blend to make a smooth batter (about 30 seconds).
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spoon on cream cheese mixture topping (don't worry if there are open spaces).
- Drop jam dollups by teaspoonfuls over cake and cream cheese areas.
- Swirl the jam and the cream cheese topping to make a gentle marble effect.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is set and the topping seems dry.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar.
This cake was so easy to make. I used a 10 inch springform pan. I had to bake it for 15 more minutes at 325 to set the middle portion of the cake. It turned out wonderful, a bit crusty at the top and moist in the middle.
This cake was ok. The cake part is really really ligh and want to try it as plain songe. The jam seeps through which gives it a nice flavour. Would ahve liked the cheese flavour to gave come out more. I think next time will add more cream cheese
I love this recipe. I used more sour cream because I thought the batter might be a bit dry and it turned out beautiful as well as delicious...I made your chocolate cupcakes and now this..and both were amazing!!! Now if I see your name on a recipe I'll know it's a winner in my home.