Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a nice finger food treat. Super quick. Super Easy. Best of all...no cook.
Make and share this Strawberry & Cream Cheese Sandwich Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof softened cream cheese (reduced fat o.k.)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 vanilla wafers
- In a medium bowl, smash cream cheese with a fork.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the vanilla wafers) together with the cream cheese.
- Mix well.
- Let chill in the refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.
- On the flat side of the wafer, spread 2 tsp of mixture.
- Then top with another wafer to make a sandwich.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.
What a clever idea! I used this cream cheese filling with some homemade sugar cookies I prepared and served to the kids on Valentine's Day as "Valentine's Day Sandwich Sugar Cookies". They were a huge hit with my teenager and my 4yr old! I put the cream cheese in my kitchenaid mixer to make it nice and fluffy and I also used reduced fat cream cheese. It was delicious! My teenager suggested spreading the leftover filling on a bagel for breakfast. She loved it! Thank you!
Okay, here was our situation: a dairy- (and other things) allergic girl, going to a tea party at a friend's house, where the menu was little frou-frou-y cakes and other snacks that were totally off-limits for her. We made this filling dairy-free by substituting in soy cream cheese, replaced the strawberry jam with raspberry, and dropped the vanilla wafers. After blending the filling (used a mixer), we sandwiched it between soft white bread that we cut into heart shapes with a cookie cutter. Very cute, very good, and it looks nice on a tray! The filling also makes a _great_ dip for apples, and is wonderful spread on bagels. It stores well in the 'fridge. Do we miss dairy spreads? Not anymore! Thanks, Chef FIFI, for a versatile recipe!