Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 3⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1 pint sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb icing sugar
- Cream the butter, cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add a pinch of salt and the butter flavoring and beat well.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat thoroughly after each egg.
- Stir in the flour and fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into 2 buttered and floured cake pans.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 1-1 1/2 hours-this depends on your oven-and until the cake beging to shrink from the sides of the pan-so the toothpick test.
- Place pans on cooking racks until cooled and then turn cakes gently onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- For the frosting Blend the butter and cheese together.
- Add the sugar and blend well.
- Frost cake.
Dear goodness YUM!!!
easy to make and tastes great
didn't have much flavor and seemed dry. I only baked for 50 minutes and probably overbaked it. The icing definitely makes it good. Next time, I'll add 4 oz more cream cheese, vanilla and check it after 40 minutes.