Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
So many recipes call for fresh strawberries, and I had only frozen ones on hand and craved a low calorie strawberry pie with a cream cheese layer. So I dreamed up this one. It is delicious, especially to dieters. Cooking time is 30 minutes, 2 hours chill time.
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda granular, sugar substitute, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen strawberries
- water (see below)
- Thaw strawberries, reserving the juice.
- mix cream cheese, 2/3 cup Splenda, and egg until smooth.
- Pour into crust and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Measure juice from berries and add water to make 3/4 cup.
- Heat juice and water to boiling, then add the gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Combine that mixture with cornstarch and 2/3 cup Splenda in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour over baked cream cheese layer and chill.
I made this for my children and husband last night. Today there is only a very small piece left we are saving for Daddy after work. It was very easy and quick to make. Delicious!