Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is a wonderful recipe. You can use reduced fat pie shell, nonfat condensed milk & nonfat cream cheese and have a special, sweet, low fat treat! 8)
Top Review by Lizzie-Babette
We just had this tonight at a friend's for dinner, and it was fantastic. She did use some of the suggested changes - lowfat cream cheese and lowfat sweetened condensed milk. She didn't make the meringue, and used key lime juice instead of lemon, and it was absolutely to die for. It tasted rich and wonderful, and needed nothing else to make it special - no meringue, no whipped cream, just a delicious pie with the best berries of the season, nestled in a graham cracker crust. This is a winner!
- 1 baked pie crust
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add in the sugar, continuing to beat until stiff.
- Combine vanilla extract.
- Spread over pie and bake at least 10-15 minutes at 350°.
- Combine milk and lemon juice; stir until it thickens.
- Add yolks, cream cheese and strawberries. Combine mixture well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Spread meringue on top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Chill, then enjoy!