Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the spring 2010 cooking club magazine. It sounds yummy, but I haven't tried it yet.
- Heat oven to 350. Brush bottom and sides of 11x7 inch glass baking dish with butter. Cut piece of parchment paper to fit in bottom and up 2 ends of baking dish. Place in dish; brush generously with butter.
- Center 1 phyllo sheet in baking dish, forming about 1-inch border up sides of dish, turning over as necessary at ends; brush with butter. Repeat with remaining 5 phyllo sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or untill sides begin to curl. If puffed in center, prick gently with knife tip; press down gently with back of spoon to deflate.
- Meanwhile beat cream cheese in large bowl at medium speed 1 minute or until fluffy. Beat in sugar 1-2 minutes until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined. Beat in vanilla. Pour into partially baked phyllo lined pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until filling is set and phyllo is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove tart, lifting with 2 extended ends of parchment; place on wire rack. Cool 45-50 minutes or until room temperature.
- Cover with strawberries; brush with jelly to glaze. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pretty good. I didn't add the glaze, I thought it was sweet enough without it. I should have put a little more butter on the Phyllo, but this was the first time I had used it. All in all a good recipe that is easy and quick to make. Thanks!