This recipe came from the spring 2010 cooking club magazine. I haven't tried these yet, but they sound yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 3Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- 4With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 5Stir in strawberries.
- 6Whisk all of buttermilk and egg in small bowl until blended.
- 7Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
- 8Divide evenly among muffin cups.
- 9Dip cream cheese pieces in 2 tbsp of sugar; place in center of each muffin.
- 10Press cream cheese until until level with batter. (Do not cover cream cheese with batter.)
- 11Sprinkle muffins with remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- 12Bake 20-25 minutes or until light brown and toothpick inserted off center comes out clean (do not put toothpick in cream cheese).
- 13Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 14Remove from pan; serve warm or at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Cream Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 184.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g