Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came out of Midwest Living magazine and took first place in the Elkhart County Fair. When you can't get fresh strawberries, this is the next best thing! Cooking time doesn't include churning.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (10 -12 ounce) jar strawberry ice cream topping (1 jar, 10-12 oz.)
- In a heavy medium sized pan, combine eggs, sugar and half and half, stirring over medium heat until bubbly, 10-12 minutes.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add cream cheese to egg mixture.
- Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Freeze in a 4-5 quart ice cream freezer, following mfg. directions.
- When frozen, stir in ice cream topping with a spoon until marbled, but not thoroughly mixed.