Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice, fresh summer pie - or anytime you have fresh strawberries available to you! Lovely pie to take to gatherings- especially things such as 4th of July,etc.
- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
- 85.04 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4.92 ml milk
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries
- 177.44 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- red food coloring
- Blend cream cheese and milk together.
- Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Cut up 1 cup prepared berries and simmer with 1/2 cup water for a few minutes.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch and lemon juice with 1/4 cup water and add to cooked berries, stirring until thick and clear. Add a few drops food color; Cool.
- Place rest of whole berries on cream cheese and pour mixture over this.
- Chill until ready to serve,at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, this can be topped with Cool Whip, fresh whipping cream with a touch of rum or brandy would be lovely as well -- .
This was so easy to make. I did however tweak it a bit. I used 8 oz cream cheese, cause I like it ;) and added 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to sweetened it, cause that's the way I like it. The glaze was wonderful. I won't buy store glaze anymore. The red food coloring is a MUST... when the strawberries cook down in the glaze, you really need to put the color back. Great Recipe, cured my craving for something sweet, but not too sweet. Thanks for sharing! (Made for Bevy Tag 8/08)
Ummm...YUM! This pie was so delicious! I made my own crust using mix of chocolate graham crackers with regular. Used a little extra reduced fat cream cheese and some berries that needed to be used up. Loved it and will make again with next strawberry season! I do think it took me longer than the stated time to make. Thanks for posting! Edited to add: Leftovers not so great. My crust got soggy b/c the pie became a little watery.
excellent! came together well, very easy to make. made my own crust, and the cream cheese was very soft, so I didnt add the milk. The strawberries I had were a little tart, so I sprinkled the fresh ones with a little sugar. For the Aussies, a quart of strawberries is about 2 punnets :) would recommend this recipe! 2009 Aug Aussie swap