A nice, fresh summer pie - or anytime you have fresh strawberries available to you! Lovely pie to take to gatherings- especially things such as 4th of July,etc.
- Blend cream cheese and milk together.
- Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Cut up 1 cup prepared berries and simmer with 1/2 cup water for a few minutes.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch and lemon juice with 1/4 cup water and add to cooked berries, stirring until thick and clear. Add a few drops food color; Cool.
- Place rest of whole berries on cream cheese and pour mixture over this.
- Chill until ready to serve,at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, this can be topped with Cool Whip, fresh whipping cream with a touch of rum or brandy would be lovely as well -- .