Recipe by Mommy Diva
A nice, fresh summer pie - or anytime you have fresh strawberries available to you! Lovely pie to take to gatherings- especially things such as 4th of July,etc.
Top Review by Vseward (Chef~V)
This was so easy to make. I did however tweak it a bit. I used 8 oz cream cheese, cause I like it ;) and added 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to sweetened it, cause that's the way I like it. The glaze was wonderful. I won't buy store glaze anymore. The red food coloring is a MUST... when the strawberries cook down in the glaze, you really need to put the color back. Great Recipe, cured my craving for something sweet, but not too sweet. Thanks for sharing! (Made for Bevy Tag 8/08)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- 3 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cream cheese and milk together.
- Spread on bottom of pie crust.
- Cut up 1 cup prepared berries and simmer with 1/2 cup water for a few minutes.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch and lemon juice with 1/4 cup water and add to cooked berries, stirring until thick and clear. Add a few drops food color; Cool.
- Place rest of whole berries on cream cheese and pour mixture over this.
- Chill until ready to serve,at least 30 minutes.
- To serve, this can be topped with Cool Whip, fresh whipping cream with a touch of rum or brandy would be lovely as well -- .