Recipe by gmadvm
Very easy and tasty. Everyone will wonder how the filling got into the middle.
Top Review by CrissyD
I had a SUCCESS with this for Valentines Day. People kept raving that they wanted more because the ooey gooey oh so good center of cream cheese with strawberry preserves! I've gotta say that I'm excited to have found this recipe and am now on my 3rd batch of cupcakes for friends since Valentines Day! What a laugh out loud success!
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves (or raspberry, other berry jam)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 24 pieces (cut it cold right out of the fridge in 6 by 4 rows)
- 1 (12 ounce) containerready made cream cheese frosting (or your favorite cream cheese frosting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, sour cream, oil, water in eggs in large bowl until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- Place strawberry preserves in small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Place 1 cube of cream cheese in center of each cupcake; press in slightly. Place 1/4 tsp of preserves over the cream cheese.
- You may also press 4-5 mini chocolate chips into the cream cheese before pressing into the batter for a nice variation.
- Bake 18-23 minutes at 350 or until tops are golden brown and spring back in center. The cream cheese and preserves should sink into the center of the cupcake, some preserve may show slightly on the top.
- Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.