Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified recipe from ReadingEagle.com. Change it up and make it with peaches and blueberries!
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a lovely cobbler, it was delicious. Light, tender, fluffy with sweet berries and cream cheese. Not overly sweet, I garnished with just a little icing sugar to allow the cobbler to shine. It was also wonderful served the next day with vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing this treat.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 2 quarts strawberries (capped and washed ~ cut large berries in half)
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel preferred, cut into small pieces)
- plain Greek yogurt (optional) or vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour melted butter into a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg, milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour directly over the butter in the baking dish, but do not stir.
- Add the strawberries, arranging in a single layer as much as possible.
- Sprinkle cream cheese pieces and optional walnuts over strawberries.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling. (Crust rises up and around the fruit, but fruit will still peek out of top.).
- Serve hot out of the oven with choice of topping, if desired.