Recipe by happynana
This recipe is from my mom. I request that she makes this for my birthday. It takes time to make and is work but it is so good. I recommend reading through whole recipe before making.
Top Review by Chef Crystal Cooks
So pretty and so delicious! DH and I brought this to a party at my sister in laws house and it was very well received. There wasn't a crumb left on the plate when I went to pick up the plate!
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart medium size fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry jelly
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put oven rack in center.
- Lightly butter a 9" spring form pan.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into bottom of pan.
- Prepare filling. Beat cream cheese with mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes for 9 inch (45 minutes for 10").
- Cake may rise and crack slightly.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare topping while cake is baking.
- Mix together topping ingredients and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When the cake is done put the topping mixture on top starting at center to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours. (2 - 3 days is best).
- Prepare Glaze several hours before serving.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Dry completely on paper towels.
- In saucepan combine a little jelly and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook until it becomes clear (about 5 minutes) stir constantly.
- Cool it to lukewarm stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the berries with tips pointing upward on top of cake.
- Spoon the glaze over the berries allowing it to drip down the sides of the cake.
- Serve. Store in refrigerator.