This recipe is from my mom. I request that she makes this for my birthday. It takes time to make and is work but it is so good. I recommend reading through whole recipe before making.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart medium size fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 (12 ounce) jar raspberry jelly
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put oven rack in center.
- Lightly butter a 9" spring form pan.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into bottom of pan.
- Prepare filling. Beat cream cheese with mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes for 9 inch (45 minutes for 10").
- Cake may rise and crack slightly.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare topping while cake is baking.
- Mix together topping ingredients and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When the cake is done put the topping mixture on top starting at center to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours. (2 - 3 days is best).
- Prepare Glaze several hours before serving.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Dry completely on paper towels.
- In saucepan combine a little jelly and cornstarch.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook until it becomes clear (about 5 minutes) stir constantly.
- Cool it to lukewarm stirring occasionally.
- Arrange the berries with tips pointing upward on top of cake.
- Spoon the glaze over the berries allowing it to drip down the sides of the cake.
- Serve. Store in refrigerator.
So pretty and so delicious! DH and I brought this to a party at my sister in laws house and it was very well received. There wasn't a crumb left on the plate when I went to pick up the plate!
This was a wonderful cheesecake! I halved the topping and didn't make as much glaze. We had half the day I made it and half the day after - both days it was equally as good despite being very different! Thanks!
My mom made this for dessert on Christmas day, as I was making lots of other things. This is amazing cheesecake!!! We waited until later in the afternoon to cut into it so everyone could digest from dinner and really enjoy it, and let me tell you, It was loved and eaten right up in no time flat! Beautiful presentation, and good enough to adorn any table, any time!!!